Terms & Conditions
Reservations are required to be made in writing and should contain all the necessary information required as per the agreement by the parties.
A non refundable deposit of 20% of the total tour price is required on confirmation, if made more than 60 days before the departure of the tour. If the reservation is made within 30 days of the departure date of the tour, full payment for the tour is required. Balance of payment is required 20 days prior to departure or on the date stipulated on the invoice.
Cancellations must be made in writing and will become effective on the date of receipt at the offices of Best Memory Safaris.
Cancellation & Amendments by Clients:Charges are based on the full price of the tour and apply as follows: Best Memory Safaris reserves the right to claim a cancellation fee of up to 90% of the total package price.
More than 45 days before departure 40%
45 – 29 days before departure 50%
30 – 15 days before departure 60%
Less than 15 days before departure 90%
Less than 35 days before departure 40%
Less than 21 days before departure 50%
Less than 14 days before departure 75%
Less than 7 days before departure 90%
Best Memory Safaris shall not be liable for damages of whatsoever nature, arising from any alterations or cancellations.
Best Memory Safaris shall at all times exercise its absolute discretion in regard to cancellation / refunds.
Best Memory Safaris works with several suppliers, each with their own amendment / cancellation charges. Cancellations and amendments are therefore subject to our supplier’s conditions and on the understanding that the passengers shall be liable for all additional costs arising from cancellations and amendments.
Cancellation by Best Memory Safaris:Clients should at all times be covered by cancellation insurance the case of force majeure. Force majeure includes war, threat of war, riot, civil disobedience or strike, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, acts of God, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, level of water, technical or maintenance problems with transport providers, closure of airports or any unforeseeable or unavoidable event beyond our control.
Airlines Cancellation & Refunds:Cancellation of confirmed seats as ticketed, 25 – 100% will be forfeited according to the rules of the applicable fare. Change of reservation constitutes a cancellation.
3) Tour Price: Prices are based on current rates of exchange and are subject to variation if there are increases due to Government action, Value Added Tax, changes in exchange rates, increases in transportation costs or fuel prices, airfares or hotel rates.
All prices are quoted in United States of America Dollars, unless otherwise stated. Payment is accepted at the rate of exchange at the time of receipt of payment. Bank charges are for the account of the remitter.No adjustments to the tour price will be made or considered once full payment for the tour has been received by the Company.
4) Refunds:No claim for any refund of any description shall be considered by the company, nor will any liability attach to Best Memory safaris, if for any reason, specific tour arrangements, accommodation, excursions or meals are unavailable or denied to passengers during the tour.
However, Best Memory Safaris shall endeavor at all times to comply with our pre-determined tour itinerary, but cannot be held responsible for any reason should this not be possible, it being noted that it may be in the interest or for the welfare of passengers that alterations are made for their safety and any additional and / or unavoidable expenses shall become their financial responsibility.
Refunds and Unused Services
No refunds will be made for no shows, or any unused services.
5) Insurance:It is the responsibility of the client(s) to affect full and comprehensive insurance cover for personal baggage / effects, foreign and local currency, traveller’s cheques, medical expenses, personal accident and cancellation / curtailment. Best Memory Safaris gives and advice that passenger(s) take out sufficient travel insurance, in particular medical and cancellation.
6) Luggage and Personal Effects:
These are conveyed entirely at owner’s risk. Best Memory Safaris will not take any responsibility for loss or damage to luggage or personal property from whatsoever cause arising. Passengers are advised to effect adequate insurance.
7) Visas, Health Requirements, and Passports & Travel Documents:It is the client’s responsibility to ensure they possess the correct vaccination certificates, driver’s licenses and insurance policies.
The countries of Eastern Africa have specific entry regulations and requirements and many recommend health precautions. It is the responsibility of all passengers / agents to ensure that their above-mentioned travel documents are in order and fully valid. Passports need to be valid for 6 months after departure from Kenya.
Passengers are recommended to approach their local consulate office(s) for general advice on travel documents. Certain nationalities require visas for certain countries in Eastern Africa.
Passengers are advised to drink bottled water and check the seal. Malaria is a risk in certain parts of Eastern Africa and it is recommended that passengers protect themselves and take malaria prophylaxis.
8) Single room accommodation:Best Memory Safaris will provide the specific accommodation requested subject to availability and reserves the right to make use of alternative, similar accommodation if necessary.
Please NOTE that single accommodation always attracts an additional cost, and single rooms are available but limited to all the accommodations.
9) Shared Accommodation:
It is our obligation to arrange for shared accommodation according to passengers wishes, but shall without any liability to them, exercise sole discretion to arrange their accommodation in the best interests of the tour.
10) General Responsibility and Indemnities:
Best Memory Safaris acts at all times in the capacity of agent for its passengers in all respects, and as such shall not be responsible in any way for damage, delay or loss of any kind whatsoever, it being noted that the tour is arranged subject to the conditions laid down by the principals for which our SOPS are applied
Best Memory Safaris and its employees shall not be responsible for, and shall at all times be exempt from, any liability for accident, delay, injury or loss to any passenger including negligence by Best Memory Safaris or its employees, whether arising from accidents, breakdowns or any other cause.
The itinerary shall at all times be subject to alteration, amendment or cancellation without prior notice or warning for any cause and particularly, but without prejudice to the generality of the aforementioned.
It shall furthermore be noted that in the event of such alterations, amendments or cancellation, whether or not imposed by the principals, no liability of any kind shall attach to the company for such alterations, amendments or cancellations.
Best Memory Safaris shall at all times and in its sole discretion and without in any way incurring liability, cancel, amend or terminate passenger(s) tour reservation(s), without being obliged to furnish any reason therefore, particularly in the event of illness, lack of general compatibility to the group, and such passenger(s) shall under such circumstances forfeit all right of refund of the tour price.
Best Memory Safaris operates tours as per itinerary, weather and other conditions allowing. Best Memory Safaris does not accept responsibility for acts of omission of a third party supplying services. Best Memory Safaris is not responsible for any damages sustained by any passenger as a result of any act of omission whatsoever by any hotel, airline or other person. Best Memory Safaris acts at all times as an agent of such service providers.
11) Wild Animals:All clients need to be aware that Safaris frequently visit areas with wild animals which are at their natural state. In this case Neither Best Memory Safaris nor its employees, nor our agents can be held responsible in any way whatsoever for any injury or incident while on safari.
12) Transportation:Air, rail, road and other departure times are supplied by the Carriers. They are at all times subject to traffic control restrictions and weather conditions. Best Memory Safaris is not responsible for any delays or inconvenience which may arise.