- Tsavo East National Park: “Red Elephants“
Day 1: Tsavo East – Sentrim Tarhi Camp (L D)
You will be picked up from your coastal hotel / Mombasa Airport in the early morning and then head to Tsavo East National Park on the Mombasa-Nairobi Highway passing the Buchuma Gate, after we check in at the park we will start immediately with our first game drive, look out for zebras, buffaloes, various species of gazelles, waterbucks and herds of elephants. There are also various bird species, such as hornbill, eagles, kingfishers, weaver birds, giant bustards, storks, marabou storks etc. We will arrive and check in at Tsavo Sentrim Tarhi camp in time for lunch. After a short rest we go for another safari in the afternoon including the Mudanda Rock, a massive rock outcrop that is almost one mile long. Lions and Leopards favor the comfortably warm high rock as an ideal viewpoint for hunting. We will get back to Camp for dinner and overnight. In the evening you can easily observe the animals from your rooms, when they are drinking at the water holes.
Early Morning game drives with high chances of seeing the predators while hunting, then back to the camp for breakfast. After breakfast, proceed for a game drive enroute as we come out of the park arriving at a Restaurant outside the park in time for lunch, after which we drive back to your hotel on the coast, arriving there in the late evening.
- All park entrance fees
- All game drives and transfers in a good customary 4WD or Safari minivan on safari
- Unlimited game drives up to 6pm (sundown)
- Breakfast / lunch / dinner as indicated
- Accommodation in a double room in mentioned accommodations or similar
- Professional Local English-speaking driver/tour guide
- Festive season supplements where applicable
- Bottled mineral water everyday
- Flying Doctors Air rescue insurance (if medical insurance exists)
- International flight
- Visa for Kenya (about USD 50)